Trusted in Orange County for Over 25 Years in Family Law
My name is Kevin B. Gibbs, and I have been serving Southern California residents with representation and counsel in the field of family law since I graduated from the Western State University College of Law with my juris doctorate in 1993.
What It Means to Be Board Certified in Family Law
For the past 25 years, I have only focused on legal matters involving family law and divorce. Because of my dedication to this area, I pursued my board certification in 2001. Now, I am certified as a family law specialist by the California State Bar's Board of Legal Specialization.
To be certified, a lawyer must pass a written exam and also demonstrate experience in trials, hearings, and appeals in a wide range of family law matters. Fewer than 10% family law attorneys in California have met the certification requirements of the state bar. Certification is your assurance of a lawyer's legal knowledge and experience. Only lawyers who are certified have the right to call themselves specialists in their legal field.
Areas of Practice
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified as a Family Law Specialist, California State Bar's Board of Legal Specialization since 2001
- Washington, 1994
- California, 1993
- Western State University College of Law, Fullerton, California
- California Fullerton, Fullerton, CA, USA
- Adjunct Professor, California School of Forensic Studies
Honors and Awards
- Included in list of Super Lawyers, 2014 - 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member
- California State Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- Orange County and California Associations of Marriage and Family Therapists, Member
- Center for Individual and Family Therapy, Board of Directors